Saturday, January 14, 2012

FLL Food Factor 2011 day 1

** Actually the official FLL day 1 is yesterday, 13/1/12. That day is for coach meeting and volunteer briefing. However, I just define today as the FLL day 1. ^^
This year, I am too old to participate the FLL competition, so I join the FLL volunteers team.
The volunteers from Hin Hua High School include

~~~~~

Today has been a tiring day for me and anyone else that involved in FLL I think. =D
Wai Fung, Felicia, Chin Guan, Wei Loon and I start the day with the volunteer briefing today  to make sure everything go on well.
Oh ya, my job for this competition is to be a guardian of a team. Therefore, right after the briefing, I went to find the team that is in charged by me, which is the EVOLUTION.

The Evolution is come from SMK Bukit Jelutong and the team members are quite friendly. When I found them, they showed me their project and explain to me about it. Their project is about solving the problem of contaminated fish. ^^

Having a chance to interact with the team Evolution is my honor. They are great and they don't give up easily. They have a high team spirit and cooperate among each other.

Their first robot performance isn't good actually. I think it is because many changes need to be made when you are in the Taylor's robot field. Hmm.. I once participated in this competition and I know that the robot is really inconsistent. =D

Their project presentation style is by acting a drama. I prefer ppt presentation but I think they present quite well. Their idea is good and creative enough (for me).

I think their robot design amazed the judges too when they talk about the arm that used to push the thermometer. ^^

As what I said just now, they have a high team spirit. So, core values judging is definitely not a problem for them. And I think they have a lot of fun there.

Their second robot performance has improved a lot. They did well. Well done to them.

~~~~~

I shared my day with Wissenschaft too. I saw their robot performance on the spot.
For the first time, because of some rules problem, they have lost a lot marks and only get 101/400.
For the second time, many route got problem. They think that it's because their robot isn't fully charged. However, their marks improved to 105/400.

And, I went to support them when they had a call back for their robot design judging. They have improved a lot compared with last year. They did a great job although they didn't practice much.
Oh ya. Until now, I only know that DORA stands for Do, organize, repair, accomplish. (am I right?)  Not bad, guys!

~~~~~

Anyway, it's my day for volunteers. XP
I have walked around for social-ing and learn what other teams done. However, most of the teams are busying for their robots and don't talk with me much. ><
At the end of the day 1, the  Bintulu Hawks team also come to interact with us. I left my name on their hats. Haha.
Besides, we also helped the organizer to transport something to other place too! XD

I hope to know more persons tomorrow. =D

p/s: I am using English to type this post because this competition is in English. ^^

pharaoh
14/1/12
10:23p.m.

2 comments: